To enable or disable your in-app purchases, please following the instructions for your corresponding device manufacturer.
- On your Home page, tap ‘Settings’ on your device.
- Tap ‘General’ in the Settings menu.
- Tap ‘Restrictions’.
- If you haven’t chosen a 4-digit restrictions Passcode before, you’ll have to do so now by typing it twice before continuing. Record your Passcode somewhere safe. You’ll need the Passcode to enable In-App Purchases in the future.
- Tap ‘Enable Restrictions’.
- Scroll down until you find 'In-App Purchases' and tap the green switch to turn off In-App Purchases.
- Start the Google Play Store app from the Home Screen.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ button and tap ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down to the “User Controls’ submenu.
- Tap on ‘Require password for purchases’.
- Choose the frequency with which you want the device to require a password.
- Choose a PIN that will be easy for you to remember, but hard for the kids to guess, and re-enter it after tapping 'OK'.
- Open up the Amazon Appstore App.
- Select 'Menu', then 'Settings', then 'Parental Controls'.
- Choose 'Enable Parental Controls’ and enter your Amazon Password.
- If you would prefer to use a new PIN select the ‘Use PIN’ box.